A special announce yesterday in Michael gannotti's blog. If you aren't a Microsoft employee there is a great opportunity for you to demostrate a real experience using Sharepoint & Silverlight technologies. Here more information about this competition directly from Michael:
The contest is simple. Create some Silverlight content (the cooler, more compelling, innovative, the better). Post your content either embed it directly in a SharePoint web page or if you really want to push the envelope (more brownie points with the judges) embed it in a re-usable webpart. To submit your entry you will need to do the following:
- Create either a Word document or PowerPoint that walks the reader through your creation: what it is and what you did to make it and post it (tools used, steps taken).
- Submit your creation. You can do this by using an external website for your creation or if internal capture a demo of it with video (You can use Windows Media Encoder to capture the video session for free)
All submissions will be posted to this blog so we can all learn from your creativity. To allow enough time for people to ramp up and work out any posting issues with me (don't let lack of perceived hosting stop you from participating. Contact me and I will help) I am setting a contest deadline of June 15th with a winner to be announced the following week. I will post weekly reminders here as well. *Please note this contest is for non-Microsoft employees only.
So how will I be judging? I will be looking at creativity, practicality (is this something that you can actually use or benefit from), and Wow factor. Extra brownie points will be for re-usability (in a web part). It can be as simple as a clever training video that grabs your attention but is rendered via Silverlight or a complex application.
So you are locked and loaded and ready to roll with the contest but…. you want to know what's in it for you. I will have a series of weekly prizes and promos just for entering. The grand prize for the winner though is an Information Worker prize pack guaranteed to give you the tools and knowledge to be a real rock star. The package includes:
- 1 copy of the Windows Media Resource kit (value $59.99)
- 1 copy of the 2007 Microsoft Office System Inside Out (value $49.99)
- 1 copy of the Office SharePoint Server 2007 Administrations Companion (value $59.99)
- 1 copy of Groove 2007 (value $229)
- And 1 copy of Office Professional 2007 (value $499)
A total Information Worker package worth $967.97!
Read the complete post at http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/romeopruno/~3/114362724/push-everywhere-sharepoint-silverlight-integration-contest.aspx